Unshackled is sponsoring a fearless individual who wants to break free from their daily grind to pursue the job they’ve always dreamed of having. That lucky person could be you. Enter the contest on social, and check back here to follow other contestants along this journey.
Who’s Ready to Break Free?
CONTEST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Great Unshackling is Unshackled’s way of providing consumers an opportunity to follow their passion and explore what can be by breaking the limits of labels, challenging conventions, and rewriting rules giving one lucky winner the opportunity to pursue their passions.
As a brand that believes in the power of self expression and knows first hand how good it feels to break free from conventions, Unshackled is challenging consumers to do just that.
Beginning August 10, to enter The Great Unshackling, contestants are invited to submit a 30 to 90-second video on Instagram describing their passion and how they would use the $75,000 in prize money to pursue their passion using the hashtags #TheGreatUnshacklingContest and #21 and tagging and following @unshackledwines.
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry.
All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges on their originality/creativity, feasibility of plan, and sincerity to identify the top eight semi-finalists. The semi-finalists will be contacted by Instagram Direct Message and will be asked to complete necessary paperwork and potentially additional information about their plans. The top five highest-scoring semi-finalists will be selected by the judges as finalists. Once selected, Unshackled will open voting up to consumers to help pick the winner of the Great Unshackling. The winner of The Great Unshackling will be announced in November.
Yes! We encourage all finalists, friends of finalists, and anyone else who is interested to post to social media, encouraging those within their social networks to cast their votes.
UNSHACKLED “THE GREAT UNSHACKLING” VIDEO CONTESTOFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Unshackled “The Great Unshackling” Video Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 10, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 7, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Constellation Brands, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), any person affiliated with the alcoholic beverage industry, including but not limited to retailers of alcohol products, and their immediate and extended family members (including but not limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, children, and siblings) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion.
• Entry must be original and must be in English.
• Any music contained in Entry must be entrant’s original music.
• Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
• Entry should not include content with the potential to result in any injury or bodily harm to the entrant.
• Entry must not reference any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.
• Entry must not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
• Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified
• Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
• Entry must not contain content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
• Entry should not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age.
• Entry must not tag or refer to (or include in the photo) any individual under the age of 21.
• Entry must not contain statements or images relating to the armed forces of the United States; local, state or federal governments; state flags, emblems, seals, coat of arms, crests or insignias.
• Entry must not include references to any activity that Sponsor/Administrator deem to be, in their sole discretion, lewd or indecent, including but not limited to, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming alcohol, and images or activity that suggests that alcohol is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
• Entry must not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where alcohol is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray drinking of alcohol before or during activities that, for safety reasons, require a high degree of alertness or coordination or drinking straight from a wine bottle.
• If an Entry includes the image or likeness of anyone other than the entrant, entrant represents and warrants that entrant has obtained permission from each such individual, that entrant agrees to provide written copies of such permission to Sponsor upon request and entrant certifies that such individual is 21 years of age or older.
• Entry must not refer to or depict any recognizable features of any retailer of alcohol beverages other than Unshackled wines (including but not limited to bars, restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores, and other wine brands etc.).
• Entry must otherwise comply with the Wine Institute’s Code of Advertising Standards as made publicly available online at https://wineinstitute.org/our-work/responsibility/social/ad-code/.
By submitting an Entry in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor and all other such persons as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use the Entry, in any manner, form, format or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Contest, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, entries may be shown in a gallery on the Contest Website (defined below in Rule #6) prior to Public Voting, which has no bearing on winner determination. Not all Entries may be shown on the Website. Entries that are shown on the Website may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. SEMI-FINALIST JUDGING AND SEMI-FINALIST NOTIFICATION: All eligible Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria: Originality/Creativity – 50%; Feasibility of Entry – 30%; Sincerity – 20%. The top eight (8) highest-scoring Entries will be deemed potential Semi-Finalist Entries. In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based on highest score for Originality/Creativity. The eight (8) Semi-Finalist Entrants will be notified by Instagram Direct Message and will be asked to provide additional information back to the Sponsor/Administrator, including email address for verification of eligibility. Potential Semi-Finalists will then be required to complete and return via email/email link, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Declaration of Eligibility, a Release of Liability, Assignment of Rights and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of Administrator’s attempted delivery of same. Noncompliance within any specified time period or return of notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice. Potential Semi-Finalists will also be required to participate in a twenty (20)-minute interview on a Sponsor-specified date/time, based on the judging criteria listed above. Failure to participate in the interview will result in disqualification. Potential Semi-Finalists understand and agree that, as a condition of being considered a Semi-Finalist, he/she may be subject to a background check, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. At the discretion of the Sponsor, a potential Semi-Finalist may be disqualified if the background check indicates that he/she: (a) has been charged with or convicted of a felony; (b) charged with or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or other conduct that Sponsor in its discretion determines may reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor; (c) has been personally involved in interaction deemed by the Sponsor as negative; or (d) is not eligible for the Contest or otherwise has not adhered to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
5. FINALIST JUDGING: Up to eight (8) Semi-Finalists’ interviews will then be judged to determine the five (5) Finalist Entries, based on the judging criteria listed in Rule #4. The top five (5) highest-scoring Semi-Finalists will be deemed the Finalists and those Entries will be posted for public voting. In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based on highest score for Originality/Creativity.
6. PUBLIC VOTING: Up to five (5) Finalist Entries will be posted at https://theprisonerwinecompany.com/pages/the-great-unshackling (“Website”), beginning 10:00 AM ET on October 27, 2022 and ending 11:59 PM ET on November 2, 2022, where legal residents of the 50 U.S. & DC, 21 years of age and older (“Voters”) can complete an online voting form and submit it with their vote for their favorite Finalist. Voters are encouraged to base their vote on the judging criteria listed above. Limit one (1) vote per person/email address per day. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Voters’ internet/wireless phone service may apply. See your internet/wireless provider for pricing plan details. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means and votes by any means which subvert the Voting process are void and may disqualify the Finalist. Finalists/Voters are prohibited from soliciting votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such Finalists disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected votes, which will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, vote-swapping sites, voting software, or similar voting methods or agents (including, but not limited to, creating fraudulent email addresses and/or identities) will void all votes by that Voter. In the event of a dispute as to any vote, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed the Voter. “Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
7. GRAND PRIZE WINNER DETERMINATION: The results of the public voting will be combined with the Judges’ scores from the Finalist Judging round. The Judges’ scores will account for 60% of the final score and the voting results will account for 40% of the final score of each Finalist. In the event of a tie score, tie will be broken based on highest score for Originality/Creativity from the Finalist Judging round. The Finalist Entry with the highest overall score will be deemed the Grand Prize winners (subject to verification). No information regarding Entries or judging/voting will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest.
8. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: A total of $75,000 for the winner to use towards pursuing his/her/their passion, awarded in the form of two (2) checks: a) $65,000 to be issued after winner verification; b) $10,000 to be issued after winner’s second quarterly social media post (as described below). Grand Prize winner will be required to document their experience with pursuing their passion and create social media content (including photos and stories) to provide a first-person perspective (“content”) and submit the content to Sponsor as requested. Sponsor reserves the right to provide winner with details of specific content they wish for winner to capture and winner agrees to abide by The Great Unshackling Winner Guidelines, which will be included with winner documents. Sponsor may use this content in any way it sees fit, including posting on any of their social media sites/websites and potentially other media. In addition, Grand Prize winner must be willing to capture and post at least four (4) pieces of content on their social media profiles (which must be public), at least one (1) post every three (3) months (quarterly), for one (1) year. Grand Prize winner will be required to participate in one (1) or more one (1)-hour phone calls, video chats, or media interviews which may be recorded and used as voiceover for use in promotional materials. Phone call/interview dates/times will be determined by the Sponsor.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS, RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Prize consists of only the item specifically listed as the prize in these Official Rules. No alcohol is awarded with prize. Winner is responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 from Administrator for the value of the Grand Prize. No transfer, assignment or substitution for prize will be permitted. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. In no event will more than the stated prize be awarded. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, entrants/Grand Prize winner agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties and Instagram from and against any and all liability (including, but not limited to, damages caused or claimed to be caused, losses, or injury) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use or misuse of the prize, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Administrator’s or Sponsor’s decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Contest material, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer, phone or device related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer or device transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails, including but not limited to those resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. All entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures threaten the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the Contest as determined by Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to any website by an entrant or Voter will be the responsibility of the entrant or voter and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry or vote, as applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
10. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and Entry and content for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law.
11. DISPUTES: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action and exclusively before a court having jurisdiction located in Monroe County, New York. In any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., evidenced costs associated with entering this Contest). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. WINNER LIST: To receive the name of the Grand Prize winner by email, send an email to ConstellationBrands@donjagoda.com with “WINNER #2861-30” in the subject line. Requests must be received by October 31, 2022. Winner List will be sent after prize has been awarded.
14. SPONSOR: Constellation Brands, Inc., 101 Mission Street, Suite 2100, San Francisco, CA 94105.
15. ADMINISTRATOR: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
Please Enjoy Our Wines Responsibly. © 2022 The Prisoner Wine Company, Oakville, CA
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
Unshackled is a California fine wine from The Prisoner Wine Company, delivering bright, fresh, fruit-forward takes on the traditional varietals with the soft tannins and innovative blends that The Prisoner Wine Company is known for.
Born from the Prisoner Wine Company, Unshackled was created by Chrissy Wittmann and her team of winemakers to challenge conventions and rewrite the rules of luxury winemaking for today’s modern consumer, much the way The Prisoner did 20 years ago.
Unshackled finds its home in California. Not limiting ourselves to any one appellation, Unshackled winemakers are free to source the best grapes from premiere regions across the state to ensure they’re delivering unique expressions, unconstrained by the old ways of the wine world.
Unshackled offers a Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Blend, Sauvignon Blanc, Sparkling Wine and Sparkling Rose, with two new additions - a Chardonnay and Pinot Noir - launching later this summer.